December 5th, 2016 by Luke Breen
Associate Member of the IDE, AMIDE.
We are pleased to announce that Mr Stuart Campbell has successfully sat the entrance exams to the Institute Of Demolition Engineers and has now gained the qualification: Associate Member of the IDE, AMIDE.
“The Institute of Demolition Engineers” is a unique entity which brings knowledge, expertise and ideas to help others in understanding and developing demolition engineering. To gain full membership you need to prove competence and spend many years honing the skills necessary to be a demolition engineer, only through hard work and dedication can you achieve membership at “The Institute of Demolition Engineers”. Once part of the institute you are officially part of an elite group of professionals which is affiliated with the “Engineering Council”. The institute ensures that it’s members conform to professional and ethical standards so it’s a big deal to be part of this highly looked upon Institute of Demolition Engineers.
As A Member
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
Back To Latest News